Snapchat: How to Change Username on Snap
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
There are occasions when you are dissatisfied with your present social media username and would want a different one. Like other popular messaging apps, Snapchat allows you to alter your name. Your Snapchat display name, not the username you chose when you created the account, is the only thing you can modify. If you want to alter your Snapchat username, keep reading to find out How to Change your Username on Snap.
How to Change Username on Snap
Snapchat does not enable you to alter your username for security concerns. You can, however, change your display name, which is visible to your friends and other Snapchat users and appears on your profile. However, if you’re certain you want to alter your Snapchat username, we’ve outlined what you can do in the area below.
Display Name vs Username
Before we go through how to modify your Snapchat display name and username in detail, let’s go over the differences between the two. Users in the discussion window see your display name, which is your Snapchat profile name. It is not only feasible for you to modify your own display name, but it is also possible for others to change your display name.
When you first establish an account on Snapchat, you choose a unique username. But, if you’re curious, is it possible to change your Snapchat username? So, in the part below, we’ve answered your question in full, so keep reading to find out more.
How to Change Snapchat Display Name (Android and iOS)
1. Tap your Bitmoji icon in the top-left area of Snapchat. Tap the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the profile page.
2. To alter your display name, go to “My Account” settings and press “Name.” Although you might be tempted to press on the Username field in the Snapchat settings below, nothing happens and you can’t alter it here.
3. All that’s left to do now is type in a new Snapchat display name and hit the green “Save” button.
4. After you save the new display name, it will appear on your Snapchat profile right away, as shown in the image below:
How to Change Snapchat Username (Android and iOS)
Unfortunately, deleting your Snapchat account and creating a new one is the only way to truly change your Snapchat username. You can find directions for deleting your Snapchat account on the linked page. While creating a new account isn’t difficult, the downside is that you won’t be able to transfer your data to the new account and will have to start from scratch. Following that, below are the procedures to make a new Snapchat account.
1. Follow the instructions in the documentation mentioned above to delete your current Snapchat account. Then, from the home screen, select the “Sign Up” option. Fill in your first and last names on the next screen, then click the “Sign Up & Accept” button.
2. After you’ve entered your name, you’ll need to fill out your birthday information. You can enter your birthday in the supplied date picker and then press “Continue” to continue.
3. Now you must create a new username and password. As previously said, you will not be able to modify your Snapchat username later, so choose a nickname that you will not regret.
4. To finish the signup procedure, enter your email address. You can also use your phone number and authenticate using an OTP instead. That’s all there is to it. You’ve figured out how to alter your Snapchat username via a workaround.
# How to Change Username on Snap
[…] READ MORE: Snapchat: How to Change Username on Snap […]