How to use Google Meet breakout rooms
Google Meet breakout rooms
This breakout room feature of Google Meet is not available to all users i.e., it’s not free to use. But to use this feature of breakout rooms you just need to subscribe to one of the following Google plans,
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Business
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
Visit this page in case If you’re not sure which edition you have and it will help you in that.
How to Use Google Meet breakout rooms
Follow below step to use and create breakout rooms in Google Meet.
- First of all, you need to create a Google Meet meeting or join.
- In the second step, you need to allow the participants to join the meeting in Google Meet.
- Go to the Activities button at the bottom right and click on it.
- From the list of activities, you need to Select the Breakout rooms.
- Then Select a room and number that how many rooms you want to create. And the limit of rooms is up to 100.
- Then provide the name of each group of breakout rooms.
- You can also Drag and drop participants onto the breakout room in Google Meet you want to move them to and then you need to click on Create.
- Participants need to join the rooms where they added.
- A host has the access to join any breakout room they want.
- And participant of the rooms is also able to leave a breakout room any time and return to the main meeting.
How to Add people/move people
To move people between rooms after creating them;
- To add or move people you need to Click on Edit room.
- Then between rooms you can Add/move people.
- After that click on Save.
How to End Breakout rooms
- The host can end the breakout rooms by clicking on it when you’re done with the meeting
- After that, all participants in the breakout room will be moved to the main meeting and it will close all the rooms.
How to Set up Breakout rooms in advance
you’ve to schedule a meeting to Set up Breakout rooms in advance before starting the meeting on Google Meet.
- First of all, use Google Calendar to add an event.
- Then you need to click on Add Google Meet video or you can also Add the Google Meet meeting link to the event in Google Calendar.
- Go to the Cogwheel button next to the meeting link and Click on that for the next step.
- Now you may find the Breakout rooms tab and go to that tab.
- Then how many rooms you want to just Select the number of rooms in.
- Finally, Click on Save.
Must note that you cannot able to add participants to breakout rooms until a meeting starts.