How to Take Live Photos on FaceTime
For Apple users, FaceTime is a must-have app. It allows you to stay in touch with your friends or family even if you are not physically present. However, just as in real life, you may want to photograph those memorable events.
A screenshot might suffice, but it’s not the same as an actual photograph. There are a few things you can do to make each photograph feel more alive. Enter Live Shot, a feature that allows you to get more out of every photo you take.
What Are Live Photos and How Do They Work?
Even if it wasn’t on FaceTime, you’ve probably tried Live Photo before. Live Photo is a relatively new function that allows you to capture moments before and after you take a picture with your camera.
If you’re using your camera and see a bird flying, for example, you may take a shot, and your iPhone will collect the minutes before and after the picture, creating a little animation of the birds flying.
This feature works the same way in FaceTime. When you take a photo of your friends or family, you’ll be able to make mini-films of them.
How to Enable Live Photo
All of your Apple devices should have Live Photo turned on by default. However, if you want to learn how to turn it off or make sure it’s on, follow these steps:
How to Enable Live Photo on iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Select FaceTime from the drop-down menu.
3. Toggle FaceTime Live Photos on or off by scrolling down.
How to Enable Live Photo on Mac
1. On your Mac, launch the FaceTime app.
2. Select FaceTime from the top menu.
3. Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
4. Allow Live Photos to be Captured During Video Calls is turned on.
Isn’t it simple? You can now begin capturing Live Photos whenever you choose. Don’t worry; it’s a simple process.
How to Take Live Photos During a FaceTime Call
You’ll be able to shoot Live Photos while on a FaceTime call at any moment.
1. Make a FaceTime call with anybody you want.
2. Tap the Take Picture button in the bottom left corner of your screen on your iPhone.
3. On a Mac, click the identical Take Picture button on the FaceTime window, either in the top right corner or the bottom right corner. It will be determined by the other person’s device.
4. Tap the tile of the person you wish to picture if you’re on a Group FaceTime call.
5. To take a picture, press the Full-Screen button and the Take Picture button at the same time.
That concludes our discussion. You’ve taken your first FaceTime Live Photo. Remember that if you take a picture, the other person will be notified.
How to Access the Live Photos Album on iPhone
1. Go to the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. At the bottom of your screen, tap the Albums tab.
3. Scroll down to Live Photos and tap it.
How to Access the Live Photos Album on Mac
1. On your Mac, open the Photos app.
2. Select Media Types from the left-hand menu.
3. Choose from a variety of live photos.