Young people are full of enthusiasm and want to make a difference, but don’t have the financial means. Do you want to be one of these young people? Why not create a Simple Web Server yourself? This can be done quickly with an iPhone. Perhaps you don’t know what it takes to make it work. Let’s show you how to start and stop a Simple Web Server for iPhone.
It is very easy to run a web server from an iPhone just like running Web Servers on a Windows 11 computer. There are a few things you need to do before you can run a web server on an Apple iPhone.
- An iPhone equipped with iOS 11 and later.
- iSH Shell Application.
Follow the link to download the iSH Shell App in the App Store. Let’s get started now.
How to run a simple web server on iPhone
To set up a web server on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open the ISH App for your iPhone.
- This command can be entered in the iSH App – apk Add Python3’.
This will install Python 3 on your iPhone.
- After Python 3 is installed, enter this command “python3-m http.server” without quotations
- You will then see a pop-up message on your iPhone that says “iSH would love to connect to devices on the local network.” This is necessary to connect to localhost using the ping command “.. Tap OK’ to proceed.
- Now, if you need to connect the webserver to your iPhone that you are using to create the webserver, type ‘http://127.0.0.1:8000/’ without quotes in the iSH Shell App.
But to connect the webserver to another device, you need to type ‘http://device-ip-address:8000/’ without quotes on your iPhone.
(Insert your iPhone’s IP address instead ‘device_ip-address’
Go to Settings > WiFi > Find your iPhone’s IP Address.
These steps will allow you to set up a web server on your iPhone.
How to add HTML files to your iPhone’s Web Server
After running a web server, the next step is to add HTML files. These are the steps for adding HTML files to an iPhone’s web server:
- Open the Files app for your iPhone.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- To enable the iSH App, tap on the toggle bar.
- Tap to ‘Done.
- Send the HTML file to your iPhone from your computer. Copy the HTML file to the following folder – iSH> root’.
That’s it! Your HTML file has been successfully added to the webserver you created with your iPhone. Do you not think it’s important to know how to stop an iPhone web server?
How to Stop Web Server from iPhone
It is easy to stop a web server that has been created on an iPhone. These steps will help you do the same.
- The iSH Shell App is open.
- Tap on the “Up Arrow” button on your iPhone’s keyboard
- Next, tap Z’
Once you have completed this process, the webserver on your iPhone is stopped.