The Cupertino giant introduced a pretty neat feature that promises to kickstart a never seen before bonhomie between iOS and Android while showcasing the brand new iOS 15 at the WWDC 2021. And that is you can make FaceTime calls to Android Phones from iPhone. Here is the step by step guide about How to Make FaceTime Call to Android Phones from iPhone.
How to Create a FaceTime Call Link
First, you need to create a FaceTime link to do video calls between iPhone and Android. So here are some steps to create the link.
- First of all, you need to open the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad
- After opening the app, then tap on Create Link.
- Next, it will instantly generate a link that will appear under the Upcoming section on the FaceTime app.
How to Share a FaceTime Call Link with Android/ Windows Users:
After generating a FaceTime link to call between iPhone and Android, then you need to share it with your friends on Android. Just follow the steps below:
- First, you need to open the app of FaceTime on your device (iPhone or iPad).
- After that, you may see “i” button and just tap on that. You can find this button next to the “Facetime Link” under the upcoming section.
- Now choose the “Share Link” option in the menu.
- Finally, you have to choose the option for sharing to share with an android device, via text message, WhatsApp, email, Messenger, and more.
How to Join FaceTime Call on Android:
- First, you need to open the sharing link which you received on your Android device and then tap on that FaceTime link.
- Before joining, it will ask you for the name so just enter your name and join the FaceTime call. You can be part of video calls on your Android device and it doesn’t require any Apple account to join.
- Just tap on the “Join” button which you may see at the top right corner of the screen. Then it will send a notification to the iPhone user and he/she will let you in who created the link. Before getting into facetime call show you a message like that “Waiting to be let in…”.
- The iPhone user lets you join the call by tapping on the “check” button which will appear at the floating notification.
- And that’s it.