Windows recently announced its latest update KB5017308 which includes bug-fixes and update to feature features. However, some users are experiencing a problem when installing and downloading the update. Sometimes, their download gets stuck in one spot or does not install. There’s no need to fret should you be experiencing the same problem and want to know the solution, this guide help you about How to Fix Windows 10 Update KB5017308 Fails to Install
How to Fix Windows 10 Update KB5017308 Fails to Install
There are a variety of methods you can employ to fix the problem and then install the update like troubleshooting the problem and repairing errors on your hard drive and renaming Software Distribution folders. Below is a step-by-step guide to all of these techniques.
Repair Hard Drives
- Connect your computer to the Internet and type ” cmd” in the Windows Search bar.
- You’ll be able to see ” Command Prompt” Select ” Run as administrator” and then confirm it.
- Copy ” chkdsk/f C:” next to the previous commands and press Enter.
- It looks for errors and repairs to the Hard Drive.
- It will then ask that you restart the Windows. Restart it and install updates.
Troubleshoot the Problem to Fix Windows 10 Update KB5017308
- Switch on Your Windows and then search for troubleshooting in the Windows search bar.
- Start by opening your ” Troubleshoot settings” and then select ” Additional troubleshoot”.
- Then click on ” Windows Update” Click on”Start” and then the ” Run the troubleshooter” button.
- It will begin to detect the issues, then wait until the process is complete, and then make any necessary adjustments when they are needed.
- Go over to the Desktop then Restart your computer.
Rename Distribution Folders
- Connect your Windows and search for “cmd” in the Windows Search bar.
- There will be ” Command Prompt” and on the right-hand side, you’ll see ” Run as administrator” Click on it and confirm your selection.
- The Command page will be displayed Now copy the commands one by one and press the Enter button after each command.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak
ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start bits
net start wuauserv
- Shut down all Windows comprising Command Prompt, and Restart your PC.