How to Fix Snapchat Keeps Crashing
Snapchat is a wildly popular social media application that allows users to send messages and photos which are only available for a limited time. It’s a good way to ensure that your pictures and messages don’t sit on the internet for a time.
Snapchat is an amazing app when it’s running and there are examples when you’re having trouble keeping it open. It’s possible that the app keeps closing while you’re using it, or it’s not able to start up completely.
How to Fix Snapchat Keeps Crashing
Here are some suggestions to consider to fix the issue if Snapchat crashes for you on Android and iPhone.
Close the Snapchat App
If you’re sure that your Snapchat app is current Try closing the app and then relaunching it. This could fix any issue that caused the app to stop working.
Close Snapchat on Android:
- For Android 10 and later you can swipe upwards and hold towards the lower part of the screen. After a while, you can remove your finger.
- If you’re running an older version of Android older than Android 10 Tap the small circle overview button that is located at the lower right on the display (this icon is made up of three horizontal lines for Samsung Galaxy devices).
- Go through the latest apps until you locate Snapchat. Snapchat app.
- Simply place your finger on the app, and swipe it upwards or down, based on the version you have of Android. The app will then close.
- Click to open Snapchat’s Snapchat application once more to launch it again.
Close Snapchat application on iPhone:
- If your smartphone has an actual home button then double-tap it.
- If your phone supports Face ID, swipe up and then hold the swipe from the lower part of your screen. After a while, let go of your finger.
- Browse through your apps until you come across the Snapchat app.
- Make sure you hold your finger over the app and move it up till it vanishes. The app will close now.
- Tap the Snapchat
- The app will launch again.
Clear All Snapchat’s cache on Android
If Snapchat crashes on Android it is possible to consider clearing out the cache. There’s no way to remove the cache associated with a particular application on iPhone without having to delete the application. We’ll discuss the method in the next article.
The steps to follow for this could vary based on the Android phone, and it should exactly match (or nearly match) the steps that we’ve described below.
To Clear all Snapchat cache from Android:
- Launch Settings on your device.
- Tap Apps.
- Browse through the apps you have installed until locating your Snapchat app. Tap on it.
- Pick the Storage.
- Touch to reveal the icon to clear the Cache icon.
- Try to relaunch Snapchat for a second time to check if the issue has been resolved.
The year 2021 was when Snapchat introduced version 220.127.116.11. and the installation of this update led Snapchat to stop working for many users, and they would receive the message ‘Something has gone wrong, try again’, before the app would shut down. Snapchat swiftly came out with an update that resolved the problem.
If you’re having issues that Snapchat is constantly crashing when you use Android or iPhone and you want to update, the most recent version of Snapchat might fix the issue. The phone will automatically update the Snapchat application, and should the update not have been installed yet, you can manually upgrade it manually.
To Update Snapchat:
- Launch your Google Play Store app for Android and the iPhone app store if your ios user.
- Use the search function to locate Snapchat.
- If the option reads Update then tap it to install the most current Snapchat version.
After you have changed the settings on Snapchat and tried to launch it once more and check whether the issue has gone away.
Restart Your Phone
It’s a cliché for a reason. If you’re having issues using your phone try switching it off and then it back on. This could kill one or more of the processes that are causing your Snapchat application to keep crashing.
To restart your Android phone:
- Hold your power button till you see the power menu displayed. It is possible to be able to keep the power button and the volume down button on certain phones.
- Press Restart and your phone will be rebooted.
To reboot the operation of your iPhone:
- If your phone has Face ID, press and holds the side button and one of the buttons on the volume till the power menu is displayed.
- If the phone you are using has a physical home button push and hold it till it shows in the power menu is displayed.
- Press the Slide-to-Power off switch to your left.
- If your iPhone has been shut down, hold and press the button to your left until you can see your Apple logo.
5. Deleting and Reinstalling Snapchat
In the event that none of these solutions above work, try to delete the app from your phone, and then reinstall it. This will wipe all app data on your smartphone. When you install the app and log in to your account All of your photos, messages and snaps will show again since they are stored on Snapchat’s servers.
To remove Snapchat App on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Find the Snapchat app.
- Click on the uninstall button.
- Once the app is removed, click on the installation button to download a new version of the app.
To remove the Snapchat app from your iPhone:
- Hold and press your finger on the Snapchat icon on the app. Once the menu is displayed take your finger off the screen.
- Tap to remove the app.
- You must confirm that you wish to remove the app using the Delete App button.
- After the app has been removed After that, you can start it in the app store app and look to find Snapchat.
- Click the Install button and then click the cloud icon then your iPhone will update to a new version of the application.