Rec Room can be defined as a renowned virtual reality game on multiple platforms with a large fan base. Due to its massive popularity, Rec Room faces many errors every now and then. The most often encountered errors that can be found in Rec Room are Rec Room’s Error Code “Student”. Users have flooded many forums asking questions such as – How to Fix Rec Room (Error Code Student). If you encountered this problem while playing this game, here’s is guide about How to Fix Rec Room (Error Code Student).
How to Fix Rec Room (Error Code Student)
“Student” error in Rec Room simply states: “Failed to connect to RecNet (error code: student)”.
This problem with Rec Room has been there for a long time and not all users are aware of the cause behind this “Student” error code. Based on Rec Room, the “Student” error code might be displayed on a device in the event that the user hasn’t upgraded Rec Room to the latest version. Here is the fix for this problem within Rec Room:
Restart Your Device to fix Student Error Code
Sometimes a simple restart can fix many underlying problems with a computer or an app. Restart your PC/Android/iOS/Quest/Gaming Console. This could fix the student error for you quickly. Once your device boots up, run Rec Room again. If you see the same error message-proceed to the next solution.
Update Rec Room
As mentioned earlier In the event that the Student error in Rec Room is by an old version of Rec Room, you must make sure you update Rec Room for your specific device. Here are the steps you can follow to update Rec Room across various devices:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap the “Profile” icon located in the top right corner.
- Tap and pull down the screen for it to bring up on the App Store’s page.
- You’ll see applications that are awaiting updates.
- Search for “Rec Room’ in the list, then tap “Update” on the right.
- Open the Play Store App.
- Use the search bar on the right.
- Enter “Rec Room’ and hit the “Search” icon.
- Select Tap Re Room from the results of a search.
- Choose ‘Update’.
- Make use of the Oculus Quest Store or Rift Store to update your Rec Room to your Quest or Rift.
- Launch your Microsoft Store App by clicking on your Menu of Start. Menu.
- Click the “Library” tab at the bottom of the right pane.
- Click “Get updates” from the top left corner.
- Your Windows will download the most recent version of Rec Room.
- You can download and update Rec Room through either the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store to your PlayStation or Xbox.
Depending on the device you are using to use Rec Room Try to refresh the app to determine whether it resolves this “Student” error code. If not, you can try the next solution.
Reinstall Rec Room
There are times when an application or game can get in trouble when installing. Uninstall and install your Rec Room app again on your device. This should resolve the error message “Student”. The next step is to solution if nothing has changed.
Check Rec Room Compatibility
Although Rec Room is an app that runs on all platforms There are a few specifications that you need to satisfy to run the app for any type of device. Here’s a complete list of devices that are compatible with the Rec Room application:
- Windows 7 or higher
- iOS 10.5 or later
- Android 7.1 and later
- Xbox One or Series X/S
- PlayStation 4/5
- Oculus Quest 1/2
- Oculus Rift/Rift S
It is possible that the Rec Room app will work on your device only if you are using one of the updates or devices listed above. Verify if your gadget is compatible with Rec Room and if it is not. If not, make sure you update the device to the version that is required in order to use Rec Room.
Check Rec Room Server Status
This error message “Student” is nothing new to the Rec Room. Some users even rid themselves of this error message following quick maintenance on the server. If Rec Room’s servers Rec Room are down due to a reason, you probably will find errors and this could be the case for you as well. Examine the servers of Rec Room Discord and Subreddit. If they are not working and you are waiting until they start to work again. Try the next option if this one failed.