When playing a game with friends, many Oculus Quest virtual reality headset users are having trouble using the party chat. The mic on Oculus Quest stops working whenever they start a game that uses it, and it happens every now and then. It’s impossible to communicate with friends in order to try to join the same lobby. As a result, I’ll show you How to Fix Oculus Party Chat Not Working in this guide.
READ MORE: How to Fix Voicemail Not Working on iPhone
How to Fix Oculus Party Chat Not Working
If your Oculus party chat isn’t working on your PC, you’ll need to adjust some settings on both your VR headphones and your computer. This microphone and audio issue with the Quest headphones is simple to resolve if you are the know-how. To fix the mic not working issue on your Oculus Quest VR headset, follow the steps below.
Allow access to your microphone
If you want to use your Oculus Quest normally on your computer, go to the Privacy settings and allow apps to access the microphone. Here are the steps:
- To get started, go to the Search bar and type microphone privacy.
- From the drop-down menu, select Microphone Privacy Settings.
- Toggle Microphone Access for this device by clicking the Change button.
- Allow apps to access your microphone and turn on the button at the bottom.
- Scroll down and enable access to your microphone for desktop apps.
- If you’ve tried everything and the microphone still doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Adjust Audio Settings
Your Oculus Quest mic may not be working properly because of some incorrect audio settings. To resolve this issue, follow these steps to manually set your headset microphone as the default device:
- Right-click the Speaker icon in the Quick Launch area.
- Then, go to Sound settings.
- Choose Headset Mic (Oculus Virtual Audio Device) from the bottom of the “Choose your Input Device” menu.
- Click Sound Control Panel on the right side.
- Select the Recording tab from the drop-down menu. Choose Oculus Quest Headset Mic from the drop-down menu and click Set as Default.
- Then, under Microphone, click Properties.
- Set the microphone volume to the maximum using the Levels tab.
- Untick “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” on the Advanced tab, then click Ok.
- Finally, if the mic isn’t working in some apps like SteamVR, select the Oculus Quest as the input device in the app settings.