Experience freezing issues on Halo Infinite?
Halo Infinite is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed Halo series. The game was developed by 343 Industries and published by Xbox Game Studios for this version. Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 3, and Halo: Combat Evolved was also developed by 343 Industries.
Many Halo fans have been eager to play the latest installment in the franchise since it was announced in 2020.
While the Halo franchise has made a name for itself in the gaming world, that does not mean that its releases are without flaws. Unfortunately, Halo Infinite has some flaws that will need to be addressed in future updates.
We can assume that if you’ve arrived here, you’re having trouble with Halo Infinite freezing.
In most cases, performance issues in video games are caused by incompatible hardware or software issues. It’s possible that your display drives have become obsolete, or that Halo’s game files have become corrupted.
If you experience freezes while playing multiplayer games, it could be due to slow or unstable network connections.
We’ll show you how to fix Halo. Infinite freezing issues in this guide.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix Freezing Issues on Halo Infinite
Check Halo Infinite’s Servers
Because Halo Infinite is an online game, it may experience problems if its servers are down for maintenance or due to unexpected errors. Check the game servers with third-party sites like Downdetector to confirm this.
We recommend that you wait it out if there are ongoing server issues because server-related issues cannot be resolved on your end.
If Halo’s servers are up and running, you can move on to the solutions below.
Restart Your PC
If your system freezes while playing Halo Infinite, we recommend restarting your computer. This should refresh your system resources and remove any temporary errors that may be causing problems with your computer’s performance.
Here’s how to reboot your Windows computer:
- To open the Start Menu, click the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Go to the Power Options tab after that.
- Finally, press the Restart button to restart your computer.
- Relaunch Halo Infinite after restarting your system to see if the issue has been resolved.
Check Your System Specifications
Halo Infinite, like any other game, has a minimum hardware requirement to run smoothly. Check your hardware specifications to see if it meets Halo’s requirements if you’ve just downloaded the game and are experiencing freezes.
Here’s what you’ll need to play Halo Infinite smoothly:
- CPU: Intel i5 4th Gen / AMD FX-8370
- RAM: 8GB
- OS: Windows 10 x64
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti / AMD RX 570
- Disk Space: 50GB
If your system specifications aren’t up to snuff, we recommend first upgrading your hardware.
Close Background Apps
Halo Infinite, as a new game, necessitates some processing power. Your system may run out of resources as you play the game longer due to the improved graphics. We recommend closing unnecessary applications on your system to free up RAM and CPU usage and avoid performance issues.
To figure out which applications to close, follow the steps below:
- To open the Task Manager, press the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys on your keyboard.
- After that, go to the Processes tab and select Memory to sort the applications by RAM usage.
- Finally, identify and close any applications that you aren’t using.
After that, restart the game to see if the freezing issue still exists in Halo Infinite.
Update Your Graphics Drivers
To get the best performance out of your system when playing AAA games, your graphics card must be in top shape. If Halo Infinite keeps freezing on your computer, make sure your display drivers are up to date and your video card is working properly.
You can do the following to update your graphics drivers:
- By pressing the Windows + X keys on your PC, you can get to the Quick Menu.
- After that, go to Device Manager and click on the Display Adapters tab to expand it.
- Finally, right-click on your graphics card and select Update Driver from the context menu.
After you’ve updated your display driver, restart your computer to see the changes take effect. Return to Halo Infinite to see if the issue has been resolved.
Verify Your Game Files
Halo Infinite may also experience freezing issues due to corrupted or missing game files. If Halo Infinite is unable to access certain resources, it will be unable to load the next sequence, resulting in the game freezing and eventually crashing.
To verify Halo’s game files, follow the steps below:
- Launch Steam on your computer and go to your Library.
- After that, right-click Halo Infinite and select Properties.
- Finally, go to Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Files from the drop-down menu.
- Return to Halo Infinite to see if the problem has been resolved.
Reinstall Halo Infinite
If Halo Infinite continues to freeze after repairing its game files, we recommend reinstalling the game. This should ensure that your system is free of broken files and that the game packages are correctly installed.
To remove Halo Infinite from Steam, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Steam Library and right-click Halo Infinite.
- Then, with your cursor hovering over the Manage tab, select it.
- Finally, select Uninstall to remove Halo Infinite from your computer.
- After you’ve deleted the game, go to the Steam Store and get Halo Infinite.
Contact Halo Infinite
If you’re still having problems with Halo Infinite freezing, we recommend seeking professional assistance.
To bring the attention of Halo’s team, go to Halo Infinite’s Support page and submit a ticket. When requesting assistance, be sure to include your account information, system specifications, and any other pertinent information that will help expedite the process.
While you wait, look through Halo’s page to see if there are any other options.