We all use the Internet on a daily basis. The Internet is an important part of our daily lives, whether we use it for work or as a distraction. What about distractions while browsing different websites on our computers. Pop-ups are annoying, but sometimes they can be useful. This guide will help you How to Enable/Disable Pop-Ups on Mac.
Why do you need to allow/disable pop-ups on Mac?
Pop-ups can cause confusion among users. Pop-ups are annoying and ineffective when a website attempts to promote a subscription or product. They can be useful when websites show pop-ups to users. Websites may ask for your age or need confirmation to proceed with a process. These things can be very important in many cases. You must learn how to disable or allow pop-ups on your Mac.
How to Enable/Disable Pop-Ups on Mac
Enable/Disable Popups in Safari on Mac
Safari is the default browser on Apple devices and most Mac users prefer it to other browsers. These are the steps to allow or block pop-ups from Safari on Mac.
Safari Pop-Ups: Allow or Block
- Open the website you want to allow or block pop-ups.
- Go to Safari > Preferences> Websites> Pop-up Windows.
- You can choose between three options: (i), Allow (ii), Block and Notify(iii), and Block.
Safari allows you to allow or block pop-ups on multiple websites:
- As explained in the previous section, you can allow or block pop-ups from multiple websites on Safari.
- Go to Safari > Preferences> Websites > Pop up Windows.
- Select one of the three options available to enable/disable pop-ups. Select an option that applies to all websites.
- Next, click the “When visiting other websites” popup menu.
- You can then choose the action Safari should take for all websites, other than those you have saved the settings for.
These steps will enable/disable popups in Safari for Mac. Let’s now discuss another popular web browser.
How to enable/disable pop-ups in Google Chrome for Mac
Google Chrome is second to Safari in Mac users’ web browsers. These are the ways to block or allow pop-ups in Google Chrome for Mac.
Allow/Block Popups on a Single Website
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Site Setting > Popups and Redirects.
- You will find Add> right next to “Allowed to send popups and redirects”. Choose it.
- Add the website to which you want pop-ups.
To turn off pop-ups in Chrome on Mac, disable the toggle bar for popping-ups
Allow/Block Popups for Multiple Websites
These steps will allow pop-ups in Google Chrome on multiple websites:
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Site Setting > Popups & redirects.
- You can allow or block popups on all websites.
This guide covers all you need to know about disabling and allowing pop-ups in Google Chrome and Safari on Mac.