Antivirus software is available for a variety of platforms, including Windows and Mac. Today, we’ll show you “how to turn off antivirus” on a variety of platforms. Because different antivirus programs use different terms to describe the same functionality, you may need to think about which action to take. # How to Disable Antivirus on Mac/Windows/iPhone
How to Disable Antivirus on Mac/Windows/iPhone
Turn Off Antivirus on Windows 10
First, let’s talk about Windows 10. The steps for disabling antivirus are the same no matter which antivirus you are using. The steps are as follows:
- Access the system tray or the taskbar after turning on your device.
- In the bottom right corner, look for the antivirus icon.
- Look for something that says Disable the protection or turn off the protection when you right-click the program.
- When you click it, it will ask you how long you want the security to be disabled. Select the time for how long you want the security to disable it, and the same will be carried out.
The steps for disabling Avast, Avira, or another program in Windows are the same.
Turn Off Antivirus on Mac
In comparison to Windows, turning off the antivirus program on a Mac is a different process. Let’s take a look at what we’ve got-
- Access the Spotlight search box after turning on the device.
- In that box, type the name of the antivirus program you’re using.
- It should show on the screen after you type the name; click the icon, and it will show on the screen.
- When the program’s interface shows on the screen, look for the term Stop or Disable.
- On confirmation, tap the function and select “Yes” or “OK.”
There is a different way to go about it-
- You should be able to find the antivirus icon in the Mac menu bar.
- A drop-down menu show when you right-click it or just left-click it.
- Click the desired function, like Disable or Stop, and if started, select “Yes” or “Confirm.”
Turn Off Antivirus on Chrome
The following steps explain how to disable antivirus in Chrome. Google Chrome has its own antivirus, which only downloads files that it deems safe according to its algorithms. There are a variety of reasons why you want to disable its anti-phishing and anti-malware protection. Here are the steps to follow in order to achieve the same result:
- Navigate to the browser’s Settings icon, which is easily found in the top-right corner.
- Select “Options” from the menu.
- Then look for an option called “Under the Hood.”
- There should be a button that says “Enable phishing and malware protection” there.
- Uncheck the tick box and close the window to turn off the protection.
Turn Off Antivirus on iPhone
There may be times when you no longer want to use a particular antivirus application’s security features. In this problem, you can disable the security for a period of time or delete the app entirely if you want to get rid of it permanently. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Go to the antivirus icon on your iPhone’s screen.
- The app will display a cross sign “x” if you press it for a second or two.
The app will be deleted when you tap the icon, and you will no longer be able to access the antivirus app.
- To disable it, tap the app to gain access. Go to the Menu option and look for “Disable” or “Stop” in the term list.
- When the option starts you for confirmation, select “Yes” or “Confirm.”
- This way, the security layer can be turned off for a set period of time.