How to create and share a Spotify playlist
Spotify has millions of songs from a variety of artists. The option to share playlists with your friends is one of the best tools available on the site.
We’ll show you how to use the Spotify PC app and mobile app to build and share playlists with others. We’ve got you covered whether you’re using the free or premium version of the software.
Spotify playlists can be shared even if the listener does not have a Spotify account. To share playlists, you can utilize social networking platforms or other methods. Take a look at the several techniques for sharing your Spotify playlist with others.
How to create playlists in Spotify
To use Spotify, first establish an account and download the software to your computer or smartphone. Continue down once you’ve finished it.
Free and Paid version: Building a Spotify playlist through the app
Here’s what you need to do if you created an account with Spotify’s free version:
- Then, at the bottom of the screen, tap the Your Library symbol to access your library.
- At the top right, press the “+” button.
- Select Create and give your playlist a name.
In Spotify, a white Add Songs button will show after you’ve created the playlist. To see your ideas, tap that button, or search for certain songs to start making your playlist.
Free and Paid version: Creating playlists on PC
To use Spotify on a computer, you must first sign up for an account on the website or download and install the desktop client. To make a playlist, first, log in to your account and then follow these steps:
- Look in the left side above the existing playlists and at the top, click Create Playlist.
- When the playlist displays, click the name to edit it to whatever you like, then save it.
Your new playlist will appear in the left menu at this point. You may add music to a playlist by searching within it or right-clicking tracks on the platform and selecting the appropriate playlist from the Add to playlist menu.
Desktop App: How to share a Spotify playlist
Follow the instructions below to share your curated playlists with your friends using the desktop app:
- On your computer, launch Spotify.
- Go to the playlist you wish to share and open it.
- At the top of the playlist, select the three-dot menu.
- To see sharing options, select Share.
- Then press the button. Copy the link to your playlist and paste it wherever you’d like to share it.
You can share the Spotify playlist on whatever platform you like once you get the link. It can be sent via Twitter or Facebook Messenger. Consider emailing the list to someone if you’re really determined.
Mobile App: How to share Spotify playlists
To share Spotify playlists on a smartphone, follow the instructions below:
- On your phone or tablet, launch the Spotify app.
- At the bottom, choose Your Library, and then Playlists at the top.
- Select the playlist you’d want to share.
- Then Select share from the three-dot menu at the top of the playlist.
- Select one of the available sharing options or create your own. Copy the link and paste it anywhere you like.
That’s how you send a Spotify playlist from your phone or tablet. You can share the playlist using one of the integrated share options for networks like Twitter or Facebook, or you can simply share the link.