Android 6.0 Marshmallow had a lot of changes. Some changes were obvious and large, while others were subtler. Marshmallow has made Marshmallow’s Settings menu more user-friendly. Although it’s subtle, all functionality has been retained with new features. This tutorial will show you How to Clear Cache on Android 6.0.1 [Android 6.0 Marshmallow]
How to Clear Cache on Android 6.0.1 [Android 6.0 Marshmallow]
Clear app cache and app data
This is how it works. It is almost identical to previous Android versions with a minor addition at the end.
- You can open the Settings menu by opening your notification shade (drop-down) or the Settings app from your app drawer.
- Navigate to “Apps”. This could be renamed to Applications or Application Manager in OEM-skinned Android 6.0 versions.
- Once you are there, click on the application.
- Now you’ll see a list that provides information about the app including Storage, Permissions, and Memory Use. All of these items can be clicked. Click on Storage.
- Now you should be able to clearly see Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
All functionality is still available, but it has been rearranged and moved to different areas of the menu. You can modify permissions, access data usage and, if applicable, change notifications.