How To Clean Install MacOS Monterey On Your New MacBook Pro
Many users want to clean install the new macOS Monterey (macOS 12) operating system on their new MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac Mini laptops since Apple released it. It is very simple to install Apple’s latest operating system on your SSD or newly formatted hard drive. So, in this guide, I’ll show you how to clean install macOS Monterey from scratch on your Macs.
How to clean install macOS Monterey
As you may be aware, if you want to clean install any operating system, you must first delete everything on your computer. It means you’ll lose your photos, important data, and settings, among other things. So, before you go any further, make a backup of all your old data on iCloud or use an external drive to sort things out.
Now, before you begin a fresh installation of macOS Monterey on your MacBook Pro, you should always check the prerequisites or the list of Macs that are compatible with macOS Monterey. The following is a list of devices that are compatible with macOS Monterey:
- MacBook Air 2018 models and later
- iMac Pro
- MacBook Pro 2016 models and later
- iMac late 2015 models and later
- MacBook 2016 models and later
- iMac 2017 model and later
- Mac Mini 2018 models and later
- Mac Pro 2019 models and later
Clean Install macOS Monterey by using bootable USB installer:
- To begin, follow this tutorial to create a macOS Monterey bootable USB installer disk.
- Turn your MacBook Pro off now.
- Connect the USB bootable installer disk to your MacBook Pro after it has been completely shut down, and turn it on while holding down the left Option key.
- When your MacBook Pro turns on, the same USB bootable installer disk will be visible on the screen.
- You must use your keyboard or mouse to select the same USB drive and then press the Return key.
- Simply tap on Disk Utility after you’ve entered the macOS Monterey Installer.
- Then, on the left side, select your Mac hard drive or SSD, and erase it.
- Return to the main screen and select the Install macOS option once it has been erased.
- Finally, simply follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS Monterey.