How to Change Your Netflix Password (Desktop, Android, iPhone & Smart TV)
How to Change Your Netflix Password (Desktop, Android, iPhone & Smart TV)
It’s typical for Netflix users to share their accounts. However, the business advises that you only provide your family members access to one account. It’s a good idea to reset your password if you suspect you’ve overshared your account or if you’ve received an email about a suspicious login attempt. Let’s take a look at how you may update your Netflix password right now. We’ll also take a look at why Netflix can prevent you from changing your password.
How to Change Netflix Password Using a Web Browser
Accessing your Netflix account through a web browser is required to change any of its settings. When utilizing the web version, you can also employ some nifty browser extensions and Netflix techniques. Netflix settings are always modified on the server-side, which means that updating them from one location will affect all of the other devices associated with the account. So, let’s look at how to change Netflix passwords in a variety of web browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and others.
- Use any browser on your computer to login Netflix and select any profile.
- Select “Account” from the pop-up menu by clicking over the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under the “Membership & Billing” section of the Account settings page, choose the “Change password” option.
- In the first textbox, type your current password; in the second and third text boxes, type your new password. Finally, click “Save” to save your new password.
If you want to prevent other people from using your Netflix account, click the option “Require all devices to sign in again using the new password.” If you want users to be able to use the account without interruptions, uncheck the box. For added security, I recommend that you log out of all devices.
How to Change Netflix Password on Desktop (Windows & Mac)
Before we go any further, it’s important to note that Netflix does not have a native Mac desktop program, but we do have a Windows desktop app that you can download. As a result, if you want to modify any settings on your Mac, you’ll need to use the browser method indicated above. In this section, we’ll show you how to change your Netflix account password on Windows using the Netflix desktop client. The following is how it works:
- On your Windows PC, open the Netflix app and choose one of the profiles.
- To access the context menu, click the three horizontal dots icon in the top-right corner of your screen. Then select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window that displays, go to the Account section and select “Account Details.” In Windows 11 or Windows 10, it should send you to the Netflix website using your preferred browser.
- In the “Membership & Billing” area, click the “Change password” option as normal.
- In the first text box, type your current password; in the second and third text fields, type your new password. Finally, to update your password, click “Save.”
How to Change Netflix Password on iPhone and Android
Fast Laughs and offline content viewing are two special features of the Netflix mobile app. As a result, many Netflix customers prefer to view their favorite TV series and movies on their mobile devices. This comprehensive guide also includes some useful Netflix tips and tricks for mobile users. If you want to change your account password through the Netflix app on your iPhone or Android device, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or Android device, open the Netflix app and select any profile.
- Then, in the top right corner of the screen, tap the profile icon to access the Settings menu.
- Now, on your mobile device, click “Account” to view the account settings in a browser window.
- The Netflix app does not allow you to change your settings from within the app, instead redirecting you to a mobile browser.
- Under the “Membership & Billing” section of the account settings page, select “Change password.”
- In the first textbox, type your current password; in the second and third text boxes, type your new password. Then, to save your new password, click “Save.”
We recommend that you tick the option labeled “Require all devices to sign in again with a new password” to prevent any device from unintentionally accessing your account. You may now use the new password to log in to your devices. Anyone who uses your account without your permission will have to request a new password from you. Alternatively, they will be banned from Netflix indefinitely. Instead of going through the effort of updating your password, you can choose to remove a device from Netflix.
How to Change Netflix Password on Roku and Smart TVs
To edit your Netflix account settings, you’ll need to utilize a web browser. Because the corporation wants to keep its account users safe, it doesn’t display such options on other devices, such as your smartphone app or smart TV app.
Let’s imagine you were temporarily logged in to Netflix on your smart TV. And there’s nothing you can do if someone else using the TV changes your password. As a result, changing your account information, including your Netflix password, on Roku, Amazon Fire TV stick, PlayStation, Xbox, or any other streaming platform that has a Netflix app is difficult. You won’t be able to reset your Netflix password on your smart TV, either.
What to Do If You Forgot Your Netflix Password
People are forgetful, and forgetting passwords is a typical occurrence these days. Don’t worry if you forget your login credentials; Netflix has several solutions for recovering a forgotten password.
For example, you may have forgotten your password since you haven’t used it in a long time. It’s also possible that your password has been changed without your awareness. Netflix allows you to retrieve your password using your primary email address or phone number in such circumstances. Let’s look at how to update your Netflix password using your phone number. We’ll also go over the wild card method, which allows you to recover your password even if you forget your email address or phone number.
There are two ways to get to the login help page. To get to the login help screen, first, click “Need help?” on the login page if you can’t sign in to your Netflix account because you lost your password.
Second, if you’re signed in and need to change your password but can’t remember your old one, click “Forgot password” under the current password field when using any of the ways listed above. Then, if you follow the steps below, you’ll be able to easily recover your password, so keep reading.
Recover Netflix Password Using Email Address
You must have access to the primary email address associated with your account in order to reset your password using your email id. If so, take the following steps:
- Make sure the “Email” radio button is chosen on the login help screen. Then, click the “Email me” option and input the email address you use to sign in to your Netflix account.
- You should now receive an email from Netflix that looks like the one below. In the email, click the “Reset Password” button or the password reset link.
- The streaming service will now require you to create a new password and validate it. To properly change your Netflix password, click “Save.”
That is all there is to it. You were able to update your password without difficulty. You can use the phone number linked with your account if you don’t have access to your email id for whatever reason.
Recover Netflix Password Using Phone Number
Netflix requires you to add a phone number to your account in case of an emergency, such as a password change. All you need is an active phone number to receive a verification code, which you must enter on the Netflix login support page. Netflix will prompt you to create a new password later. Let’s look at how to reset your Netflix password using your phone number.
- Select the “Text Message (SMS)” radio button from the login help webpage. Then, click the “Text me” button and input the phone number linked with your account. You will be taken to a different page on the website.
- On your registered phone number, you should now get an SMS with a 6-digit verification code. On the Netflix login help page, enter this code and click “Verify.”
- Now, on the next page, enter your new password and re-type it for confirmation. Finally, to change your password, click the “Save” button.
If your account does not have a phone number associated with it, you must utilize the previous method and reset your password using your email address. However, for further protection, we recommend adding your phone number to your Netflix account. You can alter the existing phone number from the account settings if you have a mobile number that is no longer active.
Recover Netflix Password by Providing Billing Details
If you are unable to access your registered email address or phone number, you may become concerned. In such cases, Netflix has made it simple to reset the password. You only need to remember your billing information.
If you remember your first and last names, as well as the credit or debit card number used to purchase a Netflix subscription, you can locate and retrieve your account. You can examine your banking history to see which card you used for the transactions if you’re not sure which one you used. Let’s have a look at how to use this method to change your Netflix password.
- On the “Login Help” screen, select “I can’t remember my email address or phone number” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, type your first and last name, as well as the credit or debit card number that you used to open the account. Then select “Find account” from the drop-down menu.
- If you submitted the right billing information, Netflix will send an email to your primary email address informing you of the password reset request.
- Finally, change your Netflix account password using the password reset link.
Note: If your Netflix subscription is paid for by a third-party service or you have never used a card on your account, you must contact Netflix customer service to regain your account.
After clicking the “Find Account” button, you can check which email you used for Netflix in the pop-up. After then, go to that email account and look for the recovery email. If you forget your primary email password, you can retrieve it using easy techniques such as security questions, a backup email address, or a phone number. Furthermore, if forgetting passwords is a common occurrence for you, we recommend investing in a solid password organizer.
Why Can’t I Change My Netflix Password? FIX!
It’s possible that you’ll run into issues and be unable to update your Netflix password. You might see an error message that says, “Sorry, this change password link is not valid.” If you encounter this problem, you should follow this troubleshooting guide and try again later.
- Delete any prior Netflix email messages from your inbox. Also, remove the emails from your trash folder.
- Go to http://www.netflix.com/clearcookies to get started. It will delete all of your Netflix cookies and sign you out of your account.
- Then, like before, follow the procedures to reset your password.
If nothing else works, contact Netflix customer service. However, it may take several business days for your account to be restored. However, we cannot promise that you will be able to access your account again. In this scenario, cancel your Netflix subscription by canceling your bank account payment. Then, establish a new Netflix account using a different email address.