Are you trying to change your account’s username Spotify you don’t like and want to switch it to something more friendly to recall? It’s not possible to find a solution to change the randomly generated Spotify username on your account. There are other ways to achieve this. In this article, we will explain How to Change your Spotify Username. We will go into more detail in the following section.
How to Change Spotify Username
Most of the time, Spotify gives you two kinds of names that are displayed: The display name and the Username. The name displayed is the name that is displayed to other users or friends. When you access your account, you only see the display name, not your username. The username is one that uniquely distinguishes you in comparison to other users. That’s the reason Spotify does not allow you to choose the username you like as it must be a name that is unique to everyone else.
Display names aren’t unique They can be changed to the display names as you want. A number of people may use similar display names. Here are some methods for changing names on Spotify.
Connect to your Facebook account.
If you don’t like the username you have selected You can join your account on social media to Facebook to change your name. Your FB account will be replaced by the Spotify username. Follow these steps to sign into the FB account.
- To begin, you must open the Spotify application you’ve installed on your computer or Android.
- After that, click your profile picture. It will be located on the top right part of your Spotify account.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed. Select Settings from the menu.
- When you go to the Settings page, you’ll see a Social option. From there, you’ll find the “Connect Facebook” option. Facebook” choice.
- Click here to join your Facebook account.
- A pop-up window opens and you fill in the details of your Facebook user name and password as well as login by pressing the button.
- In the next few minutes, your Spotify user name will now be replaced with your Facebook username.
This allows you could change your ID with the details of your Facebook account. If you don’t wish for the Facebook ID to be used as your Spotify ID You can alter the ID by changing the Spotify display name.
Change the Display Name, instead of changing the Spotify Username
There isn’t a way for you to alter your Spotify username by hand You can alter your display name through the edit profile feature The steps are as follows:
- To begin, you must first open the Spotify application. It can be done either through the app installed on your computer or from mobile.
- On the right side of your screen, you will find the profile photo. Click it and you will see the settings for your profile be displayed.
- Select the Edit Profile option on this screen.
- There is the option to alter your display’s name. You can select the display name on your own because multiple users may be able to share the identical display name.
- Display name: This is what your acquaintances are likely to see in your online profile.