Do you want to change the product key on your Windows 11 computer but are unsure how? Windows 11 usually uses a unique Product Key to verify the activation of your original copy of Windows, ensuring that the operating system installed on your PC is not being used on other machines. Unfortunately, there are times when you may need to change the Product key, such as when no key is provided during installation or a generic ket is used for the update. Let us see where the code in question fits and how to change the product key in Windows 11 in this guide.
How To Change Product Key In Windows 11
Using Generic Product Keys to switch between Windows 11 editions is extremely convenient. You can see how to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro using a generic product key in the example below. This method can also be used with other operating system editions.
In addition, you should try to disconnect from the Internet connection before following this guide because leaving the active connection may result in an error message. I’m not sure if this will be the case for you, so you’ll have to figure it out for yourself.
How to Change Windows 11 Product Key via Settings
- To access Settings in Windows 11, go to the Start menu and select Settings. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Select System from the left pane of the Settings menu.
- Then, on the right side, click Activation.
- To change the Product Key, go to the Activation window and click the “Change” button.
- A new window will now open, and you will be prompted to enter a Product Key.
- You can try to fill out the Windows 11 Generic Pro key found at this link, because I’m looking to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro.
- Then press “Next.”
- By clicking the Start button, you must confirm that you want to upgrade your Windows 11 edition.
- Simply wait a few moments for the upgrade to finish.
- The new features of Windows 11 Pro will be installed on your computer after it restarts.
- Wait a few seconds, then restart your computer to see if your PC has successfully upgraded to Windows 11 Professional.
If you have any question related to this article then please let me know in comment section below.