How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription
When you sign up for an online service, whether it’s cloud storage, music, backup services, or streaming video, it can be difficult to remember how to cancel when the time comes. However, if you want to cancel your Netflix subscription, the good news is that it’s rather simple.
However, how you cancel is determined by how you set up your service in the first place.
If you subscribed to Netflix directly, you can cancel your service using a web browser on the Netflix website. If you subscribed using iTunes, you’ll need to cancel using an iPhone or iPad. It’s also possible that you’re being charged for Netflix through a third-party service, such as a smart TV.
One thing you should avoid is deleting your Netflix account. This has no bearing on your membership or invoicing, and you will be charged even if you delete your profile or the app.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription via web browser
- Go to Netflix.com in your web browser.
- Click “Account” after clicking the downward-pointing arrow in the top right corner of the page.
- Under Membership and Billing, towards the top of the page, select “Cancel Membership” and confirm your cancellation decision.
- If you still have a DVD plan, confirm that you want to cancel it by clicking “Cancel your DVD plan.”
You are registered in Netflix through a third party if you don’t see the option to terminate your account here. If you find a firm listed on the page that is invoicing you for Netflix, such as your Smart TV provider or iTunes, you should contact that company directly to discontinue billing.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription via iTunes
You can cancel your Netflix subscription using your iPhone or iPad if it is billed through iTunes.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select and tap “iTunes & App Store” will appear.
- At the top of the screen, tap your Apple ID, and then press “View Apple ID” in the popup that displays.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- Netflix should be included among your active subscriptions. It should be tapped.
- “Cancel Subscription” is the first option, followed by “Confirm.”