How to Add Music to Snapchat
Snapchat eventually implemented the ability to add music to Snaps and Stories in October 2020, following in the footsteps of Instagram. This useful function is available on iPhones, but Snapchat subsequently added it to its Android version. So, if you’re new to Snapchat, keep reading to find out how to add music to your Snapchat Story.
Add Music to Snapchat (2022)
Add Music to Snapchat Stories from In-App Audio Library
- Open Snapchat and press the musical note icon on the camera viewfinder’s right sidebar.
- When the Snapchat sound page loads, you can choose a song from the “Featured” area or use the search box to find the music you want.
- After you’ve chosen your music, use the movable slider to select the exact amount you want to use in your Snap.
- After that, set the music widget wherever you want in the image and hit “Send” to send the Snap to your friends or “Story” to add your photo or video to the Snapchat Story.
Create and Use Your Own Sound on Snapchat
You now have the ability to utilize your own sounds on Snapchat if the music you want to use isn’t accessible in the in-app audio library. You’ll need to record the audio and produce the sound you want to use in Stories to accomplish this. We’ve outlined the procedure in detail below, so just follow the steps:
- From the right sidebar, tap the musical note icon to go to the “My Sounds” section. Tap “Create Sound” to make a new sound that you can use on Snapchat.
- Now, record the sound and, when you’re finished, press the stop button. Next, give the sound a name and save it by pressing the “Save Sound” button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can select to make your recorded sound (or original music) public if you want other Snapchat users to be able to utilize it. To do so, simply turn on the “Make this sound public?” toggle, type in the sound’s name beside your username, and hit the “Save Sound” button.
- You may now use these sounds in your Snapchat Stories or Snaps at any moment by returning to the “My Sounds” section.
Share Music from Spotify to Snapchat Stories
You may also use Snapchat to share music from streaming services like Spotify. To learn how it works, follow the instructions below:
- Switch to the playback screen on Spotify. Then, in the bottom-right corner of the screen, hit the “Share” icon. Select “Snapchat” from the share sheet and wait for the app to redirect you to the messaging app.
- Once you’ve been redirected to Snapchat, you can send the song as a Snap or add it to your Story. And, similar to how you can post your favorite Spotify songs in Instagram Stories, you can do the same on Snapchat.