Google December 2021 Product Reviews Update announced
Google has begun rolling out a new December 2021 Product Reviews Update, which is anticipated to be completed in three weeks.
Further changes to analyze product reviews on pages are scheduled in the December 2021 Product Reviews update.
Here’s the official press release:
Google has stunned everyone by announcing back-to-back algorithm improvements in the previous few months. The December 2021 Product Reviews update is the most recent addition to the list.
This update aims to improve the quality and use of reviews displayed to consumers. It will act as a ranking indication, rewarding sites that receive real, high-quality feedback.
In addition, Google has changed its Product Review Creator Guidelines.
To help sites prepare for Google’s Product Reviews change in December 2021, we’ve compiled a list of key elements from Google’s instructions on how to create high-quality product reviews. The following are the details:
1. You must write the review from the viewpoint of the user.
2. When writing reviews, make sure to include proof from your personal experience with the product, such as images, audios, videos, links, and other valuable resources.
3. The reviews must highlight the unique selling points that set the company apart from the competition.
4. Describe the product’s advantages and disadvantages. This will show Google that the review is authentic and based on your own investigation.
5. Product reviewers must include links to multiple vendors so that the consumer can select the merchant from which he wants to buy the product.
Which sites will be affected by the December 2021 Product Review update?
The product review upgrade, according to Alan Kent, Google’s Developer Advocate, will effect sites that publish product reviews. Sites such as “Top 10 phones to buy under 20000,” “Best devices to buy under 2000,” and so on.
Here’s Alan’s tweet:
The December 2021 Product Reviews change is most likely to effect anyone who runs a website that provides product reviews. The quality of the product reviews will determine whether you observe a favourable or negative impact on rankings.
As a result of this new algorithm upgrade, Google will become more adept at recognising fraudulent and lazy reviews. Our advice is to familiarise yourself with Google’s official literature and rules for Product Review authors, and to focus on delivering real evaluations for your customers/users.
The Product Review Update for December 2021 is expected to take three weeks to complete, providing site owners time to improve the quality of their evaluations. As soon as we learn more about the new December Product Reviews algorithm upgrade, we’ll let you know.