With the release of God of War (2018) on PC, many PC gamers are eager to put the latest Kratos adventure to the test on their machines. However, as with any new game, there are usually some issues with FPS drops in God of War, resulting in lagging and stuttering. So, if you’re experiencing FPS drops in God of War, don’t worry; we’ve got a few solutions for you. In this tutorial, I’ll show you God Of War: How To Boost FPS; Fix Lagging And Stuttering Issues On PC.
God Of War: How To Boost FPS; Fix Lagging And Stuttering Issues On PC
The list below contains solutions to God of War FPS drops; simply work your way down the list to find the best solution.
If you experience lagging or stuttering while playing God of War on your PC after installing the game, try the various workarounds listed below to resolve the issue.
Try to Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Simply type Graphics Settings into the Search bar on your Windows 10 computer.
- Choose Graphics Settings from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Simply enable the option of Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in the same settings.
- In Windows 11, go to the Search bar and type Graphics Settings.
- Now, go to Default Settings and click on Change Default Graphics Settings.
- Simply select the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling option and turn it on.
- At the bottom, you’ll find a list of games that are currently installed on your computer.
- Locate the God of War executable file, then select Options and High Performance from the drop-down menu.
Change the Resolution in God of War Settings
If you’re having trouble with FPS while playing God of War on your PC, try changing the default resolution, which is 1920 x 1080p. Follow the steps outlined below to change the resolution in God of War.
- To begin, open the God of War game and go to the Settings menu.
- Then press the Display button.
- You’ll notice that the Resolution section is now grayed out.
- So, go to FidelityFX Super Resolution and select Quality from the drop-down menu.
- The game’s resolution will now be 1280 x 720 after you complete the steps above. This option will now increase the game’s FPS as well as its overall performance.